Online shopping is at it’s peek and also online grocery shopping is more and more popular nowadays. This is due to the fact that shopping for groceries can be really time-consuming, and while convenient and fast meal options may come cheap, they also tend to be pretty unhealthy. So it can be a logical option to try a service like Amazon Fresh, which gives you the option to implement a healthier lifestyle and it also maximizes the value of your time. So let’s start our Amazon Fresh Review .
What is Amazon Fresh?
Amazon Fresh is Amazon’s grocery delivery business, offering fresh foods, locally-sourced products and Amazon.com items for same-day delivery. Operating in five regions, we give customers access to a diverse selection of items while simplifying their lives.
Where is Amazon Fresh available?
Amazon is constantly adding and removing areas where their Fresh service is available, but the following cities remained constant for the last couple of years. Seattle, New York, Boston, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Miami, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and also London, Tokyo and Berlin. Still the best option for you is to check if your ZIP code is under their shipping area.
How Much Does Amazon Fresh Cost?
Unfortunately in order to use Amazon Fresh, you need to have an active Amazon Prime subscription, which costs $99/year. Also, even if you do, you still need to pay for Amazon Fresh $15.99/month. This gives you a few extra bucks to spend on a monthly basis, but you also have the chance to recover it by using the service frequently. Any order above $50 comes with free shipping, and packaged products are in average 10%-30% cheaper compared to your small, local grocery store. So, if you place 2 orders of $100/month, you are already saving money, rather then spending more.
How does it work?
If you’re familiar with browsing and shopping on Amazon or any other online store, you will have no issues placing an order. The items are broken in traditional grocery store categories which helps you to find the desired items easily. You also have the option of browsing the products of a variety of local groceries.
Once you filled your cart you just reserve the delivery time and you can check out. The delivery options and time slots give you flexibility and allows you to implement this change in your life smoothly. You have the following options to choose from:
- Doorstep Delivery – Choose a 2-3 hour time slot that works best for your schedule; you don’t even have to be home! They’ll leave your items on your doorstep in temperature-controlled totes
- Attended Delivery – Choose a one-hour time slot when you will be available to receive your order in person. You’ll receive your order in paper bags instead of temperature-controlled totes.
- Pickup – In selected cities you will have the option to choose a pickup location with no cost (without an order minimum).
Whole Foods on AmazonFresh
This is the reason I’m writing this review in the first place. If you want a change in your lifestyle, there are no more excuses! You have a selection of around 1,000 Whole Foods products are available to order through Amazon Fresh, with more on the way.
To whom I would recommend
- Busy people with lack of free time. With a few clicks online you can save a ton of time you normally would spend shopping for groceries.
- People who already have Amazon Prime.I wouldn’t recommend paying for Prime and Fresh if you are not sure that this service will definitely help you. However, if you already have a Prime subscription, it would be a loss not to test it free of charge and see what it can offer.
- People who does a lot of grocery shopping.Big families could definitely benefit from this service, as the more you buy, the more you save. When ordering in bigger quantities and more frequently, you can’t even feel that $15.99 subscription fee, but you do feel the price difference in your favor.
You can find many bad customer reviews about this service, with bad experiences. This service is not yet perfect, and you might not be 100% satisfied, but I recommend trying it out as you have the 30 days trial option. Also, if something bad happens, Amazon has a great customer service and they will definitely help you. This is the future of shopping and the sooner you get used to this and implement it in your life, the sooner you will receive more free time in exchange.
- Time Saver
- Free delivery
- Free for 30 days
- Great customer service
- Cheaper products in average
- Delivery options and flexibility
- $15.99 monthly fee
- Prime membership required
- Can't physically check products
- Can't always find what you want
- Overall not yet perfect
- Customer Feedback
- Service Quality
- Customer Service